Sunday, May 21, 2006

"So how was your day, Taffi?"

"Only the BEST day ever, what do you think?"

Sorry for paraphrasing Napolean, but really... yesterday was just an all-around awesome day.

It started when DH got up with the kids and let me sleep in (until 10:15! wow!).

Then my mom, my sister, our good friend and I, plus all of our kids, went to a local parade:



Everyone waiting for the parade to start - my sister is in the far back wearing the pink shirt, next to my mom - in the red shirt with the visor.



Little Man was in seventh heaven with all the flags he saw. He absolutely loves flags. (That's one of the few 'words' he says... "LAA!" = "FLAAAG!")




Sweet Girl having a good time, waving at the 'princesses' on one of the floats (I think this was one of the groups of rodeo queens?)



Sweet Girl really got into collecting candy this time, and made out like a bandit. I think her bag weighed more than she did.



Little Man found it odd that people were throwing candy at us. Ever one to have things in their proper place, he'd pick up a piece and chuck it back into the road, whence it came...










After the parade, we came home and did some work around the house. Munchkin mowed the lawn, Kiddo helped clean in the garage, DH hoed the weeds in the garden and planted more corn - and Sweet Girl was all about helping him...



(OK, so this pic is from last week. It looked the same yesterday, though! LOL)






Meanwhile, Little Man found the cat food and the sidewalk chalk. No, the tic-tac-toe game wasn't drawn by him. However, he did manage to break the chalk into pieces and draw lots and lots of scribbles...





Love the dirt smudged on his forehead and the chalk dust on his chin! LOL






And while everyone was outside, I got to get some uninterrupted time and clean the kitchen without little helpers! Heaven! I should have taken a photo, because it sure didn't last. It was nice having everyone work together without any quibbling, complaining, etc.

And then... the grand finale to my day... I got to meet some of the coolest bloggers known to man! Had Very Mom's daughter not gotten sick and she'd been able to make it, my joy would have been complete. As it was, it was one of the best times I've had in a long while! My good MOFs, Alicia & Emily, and I joined up with the ladies for Idaho BlogGirl. It was so fun to meet these awesome ladies in person and get to know the woman behind the screen. I think I still have chills from Mary's story about how her husband told her he was ready to adopt. Brooke and I realized we used to attend church together years ago. Heather didn't believe that I wasn't there under a pseudonym. I think it was great that so many ladies went out of their way to travel to the wilds of Idaho and have a grand old Girls Night Out! We ended up going out to Wally World to procure souvenirs of our evening. We settled on sweet little Best Friend Forever necklaces. I plan to wear mine forever! Or, at least, until it turns my neck green...

Sadly, the evening ended and I traveled home to my family, where my sweet DH, bless his heart, had all the kids asleep but Sweet Girl. (She conked out within minutes of my arrival.) I even got some snuggle time with him, to top off my wonderful day! And I even got to sleep for several uninterrupted hours - neither Sweet Girl nor Little Man woke up during Saturday night. Bliss.

Of course... that was all negated when Little Man woke me up this morning by vomiting all over me and my bed... :-(

6 Comments:

Blogger Heather said...

Oh my heavenly days. What a great post! So glad to have met you. And so sorry about the vomit. :)

11:05 PM, May 21, 2006  
Anonymous mom on a wire said...

I had the BEST TIME EVER this weekend. Dinner was incredible, and you are so sweet. I loved meeting you!

12:24 PM, May 22, 2006  
Blogger April 1930s said...

So nice to have met you, Taffi! I'm finally able to post-a-comment here... yeaaaaaaah! :)

3:48 PM, May 22, 2006  
Blogger Idahomomma said...

Gee, thanks for letting everyone think I am Semra.

6:17 PM, May 22, 2006  
Blogger Taffi said...

Whoops! Sorry. I'll fix that. I wasn't even looking at her, LOL...

9:32 PM, May 22, 2006  
Blogger oshee said...

Ok, this post got me to delurk. (Is that a word, delurk??) Anyway, I had such laugh at your little man throwing the candy back into the street. Then the chalk drawings on the concrete.
That is SO much like my Robert. Robert turned two last Saturday. Robert would throw the candy back because that is where it came from. Such logical little minds they have. One of Robert's most favorite things is to draw with the chalk on the back patio. He always ends up as cover with chalk as the concrete tho.
I loved this post. I could relate to such a happy day spent at a parade. Thank you for sharing it.

12:51 AM, May 23, 2006  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home